At Timeless Funeral Services we understand that everyone's circumstances are different. We have developed a fixed price Limited funeral option. This option is primarily for customers who may be entitled to help from the Department of Works and Pensions (DWP). It is however available to any customer regardless of their financial circumstance.
You may be able to get help with the cost of a funeral if you have arranged the funeral in the United Kingdom and the person who has died lived in the United Kingdom and you are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:-
- Income Support
- Income Based Job seekers allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Benefit
- Working Tax Credit which includes a disability or severe disability element
- Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
Currently the payment made in relation to a successful application can include:
- Funeral Director's charges up to a maximum of £700.
- Transport by a hearse for the coffin and bearers from the Funeral Director's premises to the funeral.
- The fees to doctors for cremation certificates and the crematorium fee.
- Costs associated with the re-opening of a grave or purchasing and opening a new six foot grave.
- Removal of a pacemaker if necessary.
Our Limited Service Option price includes a set figure to cover a cremation, should the cost of purchasing a new grave exceed this amount, the difference will need to be added to our Limited Service Option price and included in the claim to the DWP. You should telephone the Funeral Payments Section at the Department of Works and Pensions direct on 0845 608 8763 to clarify these points.
We currently hold the DWP SF200 application forms and are more than happy to provide help to complete these forms. However they can be downloaded from the DWP web site at http://dwp.gov.uk where you will also find further details.
Please view the section Limited funeral option.